There are general and specific requirements for admission into the Postgraduate programmes of Covenant University. This policy contains the requirements and procedure for admission into the different Postgraduate programmes available in the University.
General Admission Requirements
- To be considered for admission into any postgraduate programme of Covenant University, an applicant shall satisfy the general University requirements as well as any special requirements for admission into the programme of interest.
- An applicant shall complete the application form on the University portal and ensure that the information submitted is accurate.
- The applicant shall provide all relevant documents, including certificates of degrees and/or diplomas, academic transcripts, reference letters, etc. as specified on the application form.
- An applicant shall request and ensure that all institutions attended process and forward official academic transcripts (undergraduate and/or postgraduate) to the School of Postgraduate Studies. Transcripts must be received directly from the applicant’s institution.
- Applicants who are Nigerian citizens shall, in addition, provide their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate.
Master’s Degree Programme
To be considered for admission into M.A., M.Sc., M.Eng. M.B.A. and MPA degree programmes of Covenant University, an applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with at least second class lower division from Covenant University or any other university recognised by the Senate.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in addition to a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of third class Division) or HND (minimum of Lower Credit) in a relevant discipline may be considered.
- Applicants with relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ICAN, ACIB, etc. who do not have either B.Sc degree or HND, would need to obtain the relevant PGD before applying for the professional Master’s programme of the University, such as MBA/MPA/MIT, etc.
PhD Degree Programme
To qualify for admission into the PhD degree programme of Covenant University, an applicant shall possess:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees [M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech] in the relevant discipline obtained from Covenant University or any other university recognised by the Senate.
- A minimum CGPA of 4.0 on a 5.0 point scale or equivalent in the Master’s programme to qualify for a direct entry into the PhD degree programme.
- Applicants with CGPA of 3.50 – 3.99 on a 5.0 point scale or equivalent in the Master’s programme may be considered for M.Phil/PhD programme.
- Applicants with professional Master’s Degrees shall not be eligible for PhD programmes except they obtained M.Sc degrees in the relevant fields.